1. If I think “I probably shouldn’t be doing this,” then I’m probably right. Example: leaving baby sat on the sofa while I packed the changing bag – not my finest moment.
2. Wait until baby is dead-to-the-world asleep before even attempting the arms-to-cot transfer. Or I’ve bought myself at least another 10 minutes of rocking/shushing/feeding.
3. That activity I found on Pinterest and carefully planned, set up and got excited about? My baby will at best play with it for 5 minutes, at worst try to eat some component of it (paint for lunch, anyone?)
4. That special BLW meal I found on Pinterest and carefully planned, cooked and got excited about? My baby will at best play with it for 5 minutes, at worst throw it all on the floor and scream at me.
5. I’ve never before in my life known the true meaning of the words ‘tired’ and ‘sleep-deprived’.
6. I have never craved sleep like a drug.
7. I was an idiot to say while pregnant, “I don’t think I could be a stay at home mum, I’d get bored.” Bored is the last thing I feel!