1. 28 week scan – the babies are growing perfectly and are doing very well despite giving us a fright a few times lately. I’m feeling like all the exhaustion, sickness, worry, discomfort, and difficulties are worthwhile.
2. This mug cake – absolute perfection. I could only eat half of it though, it was very sweet and rich. I added a bit of milk to the frosting as I was using crunchy peanut butter (and I scaled down the frosting quantities).
3. Taking my son to the park – I haven’t had the energy to do this for at least a couple of months. His huge grin makes me realise our strong bond will remain, even if I can’t give him as much attention as he’s used to.
4. The slide – he climbed up and went down all by himself for the first time. My clever, independent boy.
5. Getting money out – the frustration that money was not forthcoming despite him pressing all the buttons. Explaining that sadly, that isn’t how cash machines work.
6. Hide and seek – meeting Daddy to walk home from the park. Watching my two favourite people chasing each other, playing hide and seek behind phone boxes and lampposts, all three of us shrieking with laughter.